Preparation : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 duck
- 3 big onions
- 6/8 garlic cloves
- 5 cloves
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 Bourbon vanilla pods
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp turmeric
1) Slice thinly two onions, stud the third one with cloves, chop the garlic and ginger finely.
2) Mince the duck, season with salt, pepper and let it brown.
3) Add the sliced onions, the studded one, turmeric, nutmeg, ginger and garlic. Then, add the honey, vanilla extract and vanilla seeds (don’t let the vanilla pods be cooked).
4) Cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, blend it all together.
Pour enough water to cover the duck by 3/4 inch.
5) Add salt according to your taste and let it cook over medium heat for about 1 hour (check it sometimes to obtain a creamy sauce).