Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking time : 45 min
Serves 4 to 6
- 5 egg yolks
- 100g/4oz white sugar
- 500ml/18fl oz single cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- Extra brown sugar for the topping
1) Preheat the oven to 100°C/225F.
2) In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and the egg yolks until pale and fluffy.
3) Split the vanilla pod lengthways, scrap the seeds and add them to the preparation. Mix well.
4) Add the cream.
5) Pour the preparation into ramekins, put them in the oven and bake for 45 min at 90°C/200F.
6) Remove the ramekins from the oven and set aside to cool.
7) When ready to serve, sprinkle brown sugar evenly over each crème brûlée. Then caramelize with a chefs’ torch.