Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 eggs
- 180g/6oz sugar
- 165g/5oz flour with baking powder
- 90g/3oz melted butter
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp sugarcane syrup
- 2 Bourbon vanilla pods
1) Pour the sugar in a medium bowl. Add the eggs while beating.
2) Split a vanilla pod lengthways and scrap the seeds with the point of a knife. Add the seeds in the preparation.
3) Add the heavy cream. Beat it and add the flour, the baking powder, a pinch of salt and mix it altogether. Melt the butter in the microwaves, add it to the preparation and mix again.
4) Pour the preparation in a buttered cake pan and put it in the oven. Bake the preparation for 45 minutes at 165°C/330F.
5) Pour the sugarcane syrup in a container. Split the second vanilla pod and add its seeds to the syrup as well as the empty vanilla pod.
6) Microwave the syrup preparation until it slightly simmers and is impregnated with the vanilla.
7) With a pastry brush, soak the top of the cake in syrup. Leave the cake to rest for 20 minutes before serving.